Connect with more customers through content marketing
Content Marketing Expertise based in Cornwall
Using a content marketing strategy is a superb way to improve awareness of your business through many different web communication channels. We can support your business in content creation for your website that will connect with your targeted audiences, improve your search rankings and encourage website visitors to share your content through linking from their own websites and social media channels. The content created can range from articles, through to interactive games and web apps. We’re a micro business based in Falmouth, Cornwall, but we’re happy to work with you wherever you may be located.
Advantages of Content Marketing
We’ve used content marketing to grow website traffic from hundreds to more than a million unique visitors in less than a year. The power of content marketing should not be understated. As an example, Cornwall has more than 5 million visitors each year. There are many businesses targeting this lucrative segment; using quality online content on their websites to connect with these potential customers before they arrive and positioning themselves as the goto business for their particular product or service.
Content marketing can also support your business in the following ways:
- Inbound links: content marketing helps to support the holy grail of building inbound links to your website that will boost your search engine rankings
- Knowledge leadership: help your business to be perceived as a market’s knowledge leader; the go to place for information and support
- Stronger customer relationships: it encourages stronger relationships with your customers - essential bonding for business performance
- Email harvesting: it can encourage more people to sign up to your newsletters, giving you and your sales teams more connections to work with
- Improve search engine rankings: it can improve search engine rankings as engines such as Google also start to position you as knowledgeable and useful to their users. Due to its very nature content marketing will also help you be found in more places on the Internet - the more precise, advanced keyword phrases; thus supporting your long tail keyword strategy
- Improves social media engagement: more shares, more likes, more awareness…
The Challenges of Content Marketing
However, with the advantages also come challenges for your business of implementing a content marketing strategy. We’ve worked with many businesses in Cornwall who have found the following challenges an issue when trying to use a content marketing approach, as follows.
- Time: having sufficient time to create the content in the first place, a big one for the small business owner
- Lack of strategy: the content lacks a strategy and becomes a collection of random musings
- Lack of creative ideas: it can be a challenge to think up creative ideas for content
- Quality: sometimes businesses don’t have the inhouse skills in place to create quality content that is going to connect with your prospects and customers
- Deployment to website: this is often done in an unstructured way and leads to confusion with Google and other search engines
- Degrades search engine ranking positions: Content marketing can also lead to situations where content can be viewed as duplicate content and then can actually harm your search engine ranking positions for certain keywords and phrases
Our content marketing approach
Our approach to creating awareness and engagement for your business through content marketing is focused on a very structured approach, as follows:
Assessment of your current content: how well performing is your current content, how is it structured, how is viewed by the search engines, what current inbound links do you have. Where are the content gaps, how could these be filled in order to take advantage of the content marketing benefits.
Evaluation of your desired content marketing goals: establishing where you want to get to with your content marketing, by when and defining realistic objectives. It may be a higher ranking position within the search engines for certain phrases, it could be a higher user engagement with articles within your social media channels.
Competitor content evaluation: what are your competitors on the Internet doing? What is their content marketing like? How can you out-perform them, for example: more creatively constructed content, increased quality of content, or just simply more content.
Plan for creation and deployment: the creation of a focused plan of attack to create the content. Fully project managed with the content to be created precisely detailed and scheduled with actions within our project management software tool.
Content Creation and deployment: The creation of the content as proposed by the plan with careful attention to all parameters that will affect search engine ranking position.
Evaluation and refinement: Monitoring the results and reporting back the advantages gained.
We’ve supported many businesses in Cornwall with helping them to create and deploy a winning content marketing strategy.
If any of these challenges resonate with you then we’d love to hear where you’re trying to get to with your content marketing strategy and then see if we are able to support your business in helping you take advantage of the benefits.